Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 Games I'm Really Looking Forward To.

So yeah. Here's 10 games I'm shitting myself over.

(not literally)

1. The King of Fighters XII

Ooh man. This one is actually coming out really fucking soon. I'm a huge fighting game fan and lemme tell ya, this looks amazing. With the usually great KoF gameplay and insanely detailed beautifully hand-draw sprites, this is a matter of love at first sight.

2. Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky

If it's even half as good as Dragon Quest VIII, then it's already awesome beyond belief. And it looks promising too, as the mighty Japanese magazine Famitsu gave Dragon Quest IX a perfect score, the first Dragon Quest game to get it (VIII was one point shy) and only the 10th game in the magazine's long history to get it. So fuck yeah.

3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

I've been clamoring for a sequel to New Super Mario Bros. for quite some time and though I figured it'd be on the DS, at least it's happening. I gotta say I'm a bit perturbed by players 3 and 4 being "Toad" and "Other Toad" I mean what? Not that I'm against them using Toad, I'm just against them using him twice. Anyway, that being said this looks like the same exact game, just with new levels and simultaneous multiplayer. Which is fine!

4. Metroid: Other M

I gotta be honest, this is the direction I figured Metroid would head in, before it went all first person on us. And while the first person games turned out to be absolutely amazing, I'm glad to see they're moving onwards. We won't really know what the game is like until we see some actual gameplay footage, but so far it looks great. Plus, it's fucking Metroid.

5. CastleVania: Lords of Shadow

Image might look kinda famliar to you...Anyway, when I heard Kojima (father of the most overrated game series ever) was taking control of an entry in my favorite series, I felt like shitting. But the trailer showed not only a heavy focus on cut scenes and story, but what looks like engaging gameplay. So yeah, I'm excited.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

So yeah, it looks exactly like Phantom Hourglass, but so what? And the idea of Link and trains being in the same game is also kinda odd, but you know what? I somewhat trust them on this one.

7. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie

As if a brand new Dragon Quest game wasn't good enough, we also get another one of their great enhanced remakes. If this is along the same sort of quality that IV and V were, it's gonna be great. And the original was great anyway.

8. Doom 4

First up, no that's not a real screenshot, it's some sort of mockup from GameSpot. Anyway, I kinda wonder whether or not Doom 4 will re-imagine Doom II as the first game was re-imagined by Doom 3. I think the "hell on earth" concept could look and play great if given proper treatment. It's still a long ways off, but I'm excited.

9. Super Mario Galaxy 2

It's about time a Mario game got a direct sequel in a timely fashion that wasn't some sort of drastic re-invention! Galaxy was great and Galaxy 2 looks like more of the same. Which is just what I want sometimes.

10. The Elder Scrolls V

Once again, not a real screenshot, just a concept piece. And once again, this is probably a long ways off. There's also a chance that this may become some sort of lame MMO. But I'm holding out for another grand adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment